DoubleAction ECOBALE contains a mixture of MTD⁄1 and Pediococcus acidilactici BSTAT⁄2 together with potassium sorbate for all baled grass and legume silages.
- Applies one million live bacteria per gram forage
- Available for liquid treatment only
- One can treats 16 tonnes
- Add 1 can to 50 litres of water and apply at 3 litres per tonne
- Tank mix life 2 days at ambient temperature
- Unopened shelf life 24 months in a cool, dry place
- GMO free and suitable for organic use (restricted)
Baled silages are usually made of higher DM, longer chop forage so fermentation is slower and the final pH higher. Bales are also more prone to aerobic spoilage due to their high surface area to volume ratio and reduced density, even when chopped. In addition, Listeria are often associated with baled silage, causing listeriosis in sheep and silage eye in cattle.