Problems with docks and thistles? Do you want to get rid of nettles and dandelions? Want to ensure healthy growth of your crops?
PRAg stock a wide range of grassland and arable sprays to control disease, weed and pest control including grassland dock sprays. We offer qualified professional advice and a field walking service. All orders come with a BASIS dose rate recommendation.
Perennial weeds take valuable nutrients, fertilisers, water and light from our fields. The fields may look green but have a good look through your swards - is there 100% grass out there? The area taken up by the weeds is not available for grazing and grass growth and grass, hay and silage infested with weeds has a lower palatability and energy content.
The average cost of re-seeding a ley is £100/ha/year - given effective weed control can extend the life of the ley by 2 years there is a potential saving of £80 per acre....a worthwhile investment.
Not sure what product to use then look no further, we can advise you on how to deal with any problems you may have and support you every step of the way. We can supply you with a wide range of products from fungicides, herbicides, insecticides and many more. We provide a reliable service with prompt delivery.
A few examples of products
we provide are shown below; the DowAgro Grassland Product Selection Guide
also provides a useful reference.
- Doxstar – a powerful herbicide to eradicate any dock problems in established grasslands; or common chickweed; or even seedling docks.
- Pastor - an outstanding herbicide for the control of thistles, nettles and docks in established grassland and a range of annual broad-leaved weeds and seedling docks in grass less than a year old.
- Grazon 90 - spot treatment herbicide for the control of perennial broad-leaved weeds including nettles, docks, thistles, brambles, broom and gorse in more established grasslands.
- Chikara - broad-spectrum herbicide for use in non-crop situations.
- Forefront – for a long-term control of annual/perennial broad-leaved weeds in grassland such as creeping thistle; common nettle; dandelion or creeping buttercup.
- Glyphosate – for use pre-harvest in cereals and other crops, destruction of grassland, and in stubbles/orchards/forestry and non-crop areas.
- Treflan – a herbicide suitable to use on a wide range of crops fodder, cereal, oilseed and soft fruit crops to control annual grasses and many broad-leaved weeds.
- Thiram – a powerful fungicide to deal with damping off problems in forage maize; grass seed; winter oilseed rape etc.
- Dursban – controls many pests of agricultural, horticultural and forestry crops.
- Electis – a protectant fungicide for the control of potato blight.
- Cypermethrin – a powerful insecticide with rapid action and good persistence against aphids; caterpillars, frit fly etc.
- Deltamethrin – an insecticide particularly effective on caterpillars and sucking insects.
- Greencrop – to use against aphids in spring barley, spring wheat, winter barley and winter wheat.
- And many more…
PRAG CROP DOCTOR SERVICES